COVID-19 Preparedness Protocols
Please take note of our updated Visitation Policy and Family Delivery Policy as part of our COVID-19 Preparedness Planning:
We are committed to the health and safety of our residents, associates and visitors to our communities. To that end, we are broadening our typical flu season precautions in light of the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) situation.
As stressful as this time is, we hope that you take some comfort in the fact that senior communities regularly monitor and contain common cold and flu occurrences, and that our staff is fully prepared with training and having appropriate supplies on hand. In addition, we can provide the essentials of daily life in a controlled environment, with tightly managed exposure to the outside world.
Among these new measures are:
- Monitoring and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and other health and government agencies.
- Working closely with state health officials to identify and respond to any potential flu cases.
- Our Receptionist will be taking the temperature of all essential visitors and associates. We will log temperatures at the front desk.
- We are requiring associates who are experiencing cold or flu symptoms to refrain from entering the community until all symptoms are fully cleared up and are requiring a physician’s written clearance before they do return.
- Any associates, visitors, or vendors who have recently traveled internationally are being asked to observe a self-quarantine for at least two weeks, depending on the location of their travel.
- We will not be hosting any tours of any kind at the community until further notice.
- We are no longer able to immediately accept residents back into the community after trips offsite. Anyone leaving campus with a family member or other will be required to wait at least 30 days before returning and may be required to obtain a physician’s letter stating they are virus-free before returning. (This does NOT apply to urgent medical appointments)
- All resident engagement activities will be held in small groups with ample distancing between participants.
- We are cancelling resident trips to non-essential destinations.
- Our Engagement team is implementing a special program of in-community entertainment and activity for residents.
- We are postponing all public events within the community until further notice.
- All resident meals will be delivered to apartments directly. Reflections dining rooms will remain open.
- We have discontinued visits from hair stylists for the time being.
- We have bolstered our supply of iPads in each community to promote the use of Skype, FaceTime and other remote means of communication between loved ones and residents. Contact your community for further information.
- We are reinforcing existing protocols to ensure that community teams are following our infection control and prevention standards, such as frequent hand washing, frequent cleaning of surfaces, and other recommended hygiene measures.
- Reviewing our emergency preparedness procedures, which includes ensuring we have necessary supplies and plans for staffing.
- Should there be any signs of concern within your community you will be notified immediately.
We are taking nothing for granted given the potential severity of this virus, and ask that everyone in our extended family share that vigilance and adhere to these guidelines. For further information regarding COVID-19 or other health issues, visit the Centers for Disease Control website at www.cdc.org.
We’ve compiled a list of local and federal resources below to keep you updated and informed.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- National Conference of State Legislatures
Social Distancing and Resources to
With the spread of COVID-19 and the practice of social distancing, it’s more important than ever to use other means of staying connected with friends and loved ones. Video-chatting is a great alternative to the traditional phone call. We’ve compiled a list of video-chatting services that are free and easy to use, with links to instructions of how to set up and use them. See our guide to video-chatting below and click on the green links to learn more about each service.