Proactive Health & Safety Protocols
We take safety and health very seriously. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have greatly enhanced our practices and procedures to detect and contain any viral breakouts.
Virus management is about three primary things:
Building Sanitation — We have deployed advanced electrostatic disinfecting technology at our communities, which sprays a very fine anti-viral mist onto surfaces and into cracks and crevices. This agent, which is harmless to humans, kills several types of viruses (including COVID-19) on-contact at a microscopic level and is extremely effective for deep cleaning. In addition, our associate routine includes regularly sanitizing high-touch surfaces, such as counters, door knobs, chairs and other items.
Personal Hygiene — Virus-prevention and containment training has been amplified in our communities. These address building cleanliness and the need for individuals to practice strict personal hygiene and protection habits, including wearing masks at all times in the community and other personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed, frequent hand-washing, taking care when outside the community, and other measures.
Managing Interactions — The fight against transmission takes place at the doorway and during personal interactions. We screen all associates and building visitors before they are admitted to the community; once inside, all are to wear masks. When an associate is entering the apartment of someone is showing symptoms or has tested positive, they are donning full PPE, and the resident is wearing a mask. Any resident who is showing symptoms or has tested positive remains in self-isolation within their apartment at all times until medically-cleared.All interactions throughout the course of the day are done observing proper social distancing. In situations where people must be closer, proper PPE is worn at all times.
Our community has always employed aggressive, proactive measures to protect residents and associates from exposure to virus and other potential health and safety issues. All of our communities have long-established protocols specifically designed to identify and contain viral outbreaks, and we have introduced a number of decisive new measures in the wake of the corona virus situation. All of our practices are reflective of the latest guidance from local and state health officials, along with our own medical personnel and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
– All associates, visitors and vendors are screened before entering the community, including temperature and lifestyle/potential exposures.
– All associates and visitors wear masks.
– Communal engagement activities remain suspended, with programming happening individually or with distancing.
– Any resident or associate who tests positive for COVID-19 must obtain two negative test results or self-isolate for a minimum
of 30 days before returning to community life.
– All residents are provided with masks.
– Communal dining is suspended for the time being, with residents served meals in their apartments.
– Hand sanitation stations throughout the community.
– Will make regular testing available to residents and associates.
– Associates and residents are given ongoing training and the latest best-practices for keeping themselves and others safe.
In addition to these measures, we have strict resident move-in policies in place. New residents must:
- Produce a recent (within two days) negative COVID-19 diagnosis, along with a letter from their physician stating that they are healthy.
- Have been symptom-free for 14 days.
- Pass screening on the day of move-in (temperature, blood oxygen, questions regarding possible exposure and travel).
- Adhere to our physical moving-in policies, including using our approved vendors.
- Successfully complete a 14-day quarantine once moved in.
- Agree to monthly COVID-19 testing moving forward.
Further, there is no staff crossover between the independent/assisted living part of the building and the memory care neighborhood. Should there need to be for any reason, the associate will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
Please speak to your Executive Director or sales representative for further details.
Access our community Visitation Policy.
at Shelburne Bay
We took decisive measures from the start to keep our residents and associates safe; to keep our buildings clean and sanitized; all the while continuing to provide a positive lifestyle and personalized care. Watch this news feature about The Residence at Shelburne Bay in Vermont to learn about the kind of measures we’ve taken everywhere to keep everyone secure and healthy.
Learn more about the different platforms you can take advantage of to connect with your loved ones virtually. If your loved one doesn’t have a smart phone, tablet, or computer, speak to your Executive Director today about setting up a time to video chat.