Health & Safety
A proactive approach to community safety with an emphasis on
living life fully.
Our communities combine the most advanced safety systems with a rich lifestyle of socializing, continuing education, culture and entertainment. Everything we do puts safety first while embracing a philosophy that life is to be lived.
COVID-19 Vaccination Program
LCB in partnership with CVS Health
LCB Senior Living is thrilled to be working with CVS Health affiliate Omnicare to ensure that our residents have access to the COVID-19 vaccine. LCB has also mandated that all associates receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Please contact your executive director or the community that you might be interested in to learn more. Find a community here.
The CDC recently released answers to common questions about the vaccines and process: Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
Speak with your Executive Director or the community you are interested in to learn specific details.
Infection Prevention & Virus Control
We take safety and health very seriously. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have greatly enhanced our practices and procedures to detect and contain any viral breakouts.
Virus management is about three primary things:
- Building Sanitation — We have deployed advanced electrostatic disinfecting technology at our communities, which sprays a very fine anti-viral mist onto surfaces and into cracks and crevices. This agent, which is harmless to humans, kills several types of viruses (including COVID-19) on-contact at a microscopic level and is extremely effective for deep cleaning. In addition, our associate routine includes regularly sanitizing high-touch surfaces, such as counters, door knobs, chairs and other items.
- Personal Protection and Hand Hygiene — Virus-prevention and containment training has been amplified in our communities. These address building cleanliness and the need for individuals to practice strict personal hygiene and protection habits, including wearing masks at all times in the community and other personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed, frequent hand-washing, taking care when outside the community, and other measures.
- Managing Interactions — The fight against transmission takes place at the doorway and during personal interactions. We screen all associates and building visitors before they are admitted to the community; once inside, all are to wear masks. When an associate is entering the apartment of someone is showing symptoms or has tested positive, they are donning full PPE, and the resident is wearing a mask. Any resident who is showing symptoms or has tested positive remains in self-isolation within their apartment at all times until medically-cleared. All interactions throughout the course of the day are done observing proper social distancing. In situations where people must be closer, proper PPE is worn at all times.
LCB has always employed aggressive, proactive measures to protect residents and associates from exposure to viruses and other potential health issues. All of our communities have long-established protocols designed to identify and contain viral outbreaks, and we have introduced a number of decisive new measures in the wake of COVID-19. These include:
– All associates, visitors and vendors are screened before entering the community, including temperature and lifestyle/potential exposures.
– All associates and visitors wear masks.
– Communal engagement activities remain in full effect, employing appropriate masks and social distancing.
– Any resident or associate who tests positive for COVID-19 must self-isolate and obtain a negative test result before returning to community life.
– All residents are provided with masks.
– Dining rooms are open with appropriate social distancing, with the option for residents to be served in their apartments (for a small fee).
– Hand sanitation stations throughout the community.
– Regular testing is available to residents and associates.
– Associates and residents are given ongoing training and the latest best-practices for keeping themselves and others safe.
All LCB Senior Living communities’ visitation policies are in accordance with state mandates and regulations. Please call your Executive Director for community-specific details or requirements. All visits must be scheduled in advance.
- All visits must be scheduled in advance so we can manage the number of visitors in the building. Varying populations in each community may necessitate visitation time limits. Please consult your community for information on timing of visits.
- Visits must take place in the resident’s apartment or designated space.
- The number of people allowed to visit is dependent on the resident and visitors’ ability to always maintain the safety protocol of 6-foot distancing within the apartment’s configuration. (Exceptions may be made for compassionate care visits.)
- If the visitor(s) and the resident are fully vaccinated, 6-foot distancing is not required. However, masks are still required along with all other infection control protocols.
- Visitors must enter the community through the main entrance (or designated Reflections Memory Care neighborhood entrance).
- All visitors will be screened, have their temperature checked, and must wear a mask at all times. Surgical masks are preferred and will be provided by the community. We also require all visitors to wash their hands and/or utilize available hand sanitizer whenever they enter or exit the community.
- Visitors may bring their dog along to visit a loved one, following the same guidelines in place prior to COVID-19.
To learn more about your community’s visitation guidelines, please contact your Executive Director.
To Our Own Heroes!
Our residents and families wanted to show their gratitude to our front line associates. Watch our short video thanking our LCB heroes for their hard work & sacrifice!
Download our Comprehensive COVID-19 Guide for Seniors
at Shelburne Bay
We took decisive measures from the start to keep our residents and associates safe; to keep our buildings clean and sanitized; all the while continuing to provide a positive lifestyle and personalized care. Watch this news feature about The Residence at Shelburne Bay in Vermont to learn about the kind of measures we’ve taken everywhere to keep everyone secure and healthy.
Learn more about the different platforms you can take advantage of to connect with your loved ones virtually. If your loved one doesn’t have a smart phone, tablet, or computer, speak to your Executive Director today about setting up a time to video chat.